Monday 13 October 2014

A very wet Monday

Today we woke up to rain, rain and more rain.  Not great when you know you have to go out, even if it is just to walk round the corner to nursery.  Ethan and I were both ready to leave the house and the rain got even harder.  I really didn't think we would get that wet, but poor Ethan's coat was soaked by the time we reached nursery.  He didn't seem to mind.

My task list today was as long as my arm.  Apart from the usually housework, cleaning the bathroom and the ironing were achieved.  Yay!

My other important task today was to make the first contact to get it arranged for Paul to have the genetic test to see if he does have the gene mutation which have been proven to link Mesothelioma and Melanoma of the eye.  Paul's Dad unfortunately died of melanoma at the age of 46.  I have put the wheels in motion today for the test to be done.

I have also received a response to my e-mail to JUAC regarding asbestos in schools.  My next task is to write to our choice of prospective schools for Ethan and see if I can find out about the asbestos the school contains and also their management plan of it.  I can only hope that asbestos has been removed since 2008 but the statistic that 75% of schools still contain asbestos doesn't really make me think that will be the response I receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment