Wednesday 31 December 2014

Here comes 2015 but 2014, you were great!

As today is New Years Eve, I thought I better blog.  Maybe a resolution for me could be to blog more often.  I wonder how long it will last.....

Some people may look in on our lives and see an envious amount of holidays and days out, no rushing to work or school (just yet).  2014 for us has been a great year, the best year since Paul's diagnosis.  We can probably count the hospital visits we have had on just our hands and not need our toes too and Paul has only had one operation (non-cancer related).  Holidays with our son (now age 4) have been plentiful and days out with friends abundant.  We have had a great year.

Mesothelioma is, however always there in the back of our minds.  When might our run of great holidays and days out end.  For Paul and I Mesothelioma is ever present.  Not many people see the tiredness he experiences, or know that most days he has to have an afternoon nap, just to make it through the day.  If he has one day without a nap then the next he definitely needs to have one.

The worry of an approaching Papworth appointment to have a scan and see the oncologist.  The enduring fear that this time they might say that more chemo is necessary meaning another 6 months or so on the treatment trail.

So yes to us looking back on 2014 it has been idyllic, a fabulous year.  We can only hope that 2015 will follow suit.  Realistically, tomorrow, I will just be happy to welcome in 2015 along with my husband and son at my side.

Happy New Year to all my readers, may 2015 be all you want it to be xx

No comments:

Post a Comment